Iglu 4/3 Children’s Year Round Steamer – Colour Lava Red Obsidian. £69.99
- Full superstretch arm from waist to wrist
- Lower neck height
- Re shaped “minimal” orca mesh kneepads
- Velcro “nip grab” for easier opening and closure of neck
- Larger superstretch neck collar.
- Multiple seam and pannel length changes for extra movement and comfort
Kids Shiver Slayer Product Description
The childrens IGLU 4/3mm SHIVER SLAYER is the best Value wetsuit of its kind on the market. IGLU are firmly commited to keeping the kids Warm at all times of year and this wetsuit is nothing short of awesome. 4mm and 3mm neoprene with a glued and blindstich construction means that its sealed up and roasting on the inside all year.
The upper body is all superstretch comfort panelling so the kids aren’t held back from easy movement.
- Slippery seal collar
- Ultra stretch shoulders and under arms
- Seam free pit zones
- YKK back zip
- No- Nick Super duro double lined chest panel
- Glued and blindstitched construction
- Stress taping
- Easy entry legs
- Orca mesh knee pads
Fit and Comfort
With all wetsuits the fit is key. A badly fitting wetsuit cannot do the job that it’s designed to do. Wetsuits must be worn tightly next to the skin to work properly. This is always a difficult factor with growing children. However with an IGLU …….GOOD NEWS!! you can cheat a little bit.
This is because of the sealed seams again. Because the warm water that is in the suit can’t escape it’s okay to have a little more of it. The seal around the neck, arms and ankles will keep it from escaping too much.
So it is possible to go for the slightly bigger size with IGLU and still be really warm. A “turn up” at the cuffs and ankles only helps that seal further.
This is music to the ears of most parents and also the kids as its easier to deal with.
|IGLU Size Chart|
Kids IGLU wetsuits have special features that make sure that the little ones are comfy
- Super stretch panels over and under the arms.
- No 4 way stitching junctions under the arms
- Easy glide slippery lining inside the neck with no stitching line
- Wider easy entry legs
- Superstretch cuffs and ankles
Why 4mm and 3mm and whats neoprene?
IGLU use 4mm and 3mm neoprene in all their wetsuits. This is for two main reasons. It is warmer but not so thick as to become uncomfortable. Neoprene is not just rubber, its a rubber based foam. So like all foam it is full of air-bubbles. It is this air layer that prevents your heat from escaping just like a duvet, clothes, even double glazing is all about the air layer. Subsequently a thicker air layer allows slower heat loss. Top grade neoprene has more air in it and another upside is that its also more stretchy.
All Suits are Designed in CORNWALL By People Who fit Wetsuits for a living